Data Center Management Systems
Problem Management and Reporting System - PM/RS
60 Day Trial
For additional information - Please refer to the PM/RS Technical Overview
The Problem Management and Reporting System (PM/RS) is an extremely comprehensive and flexible information management system designed to
coordinate and manage the life cycle of problems, complaints, questions, and requests for changes. PM/RS is a powerful tool which
provides for the automated recording, diagnosing, assigning, tracking, reporting, and archiving of problem information.
is a highly cost-effective solution to problem management, offering
more flexibility, functionality, and value than competing mainframe or
client/server-based products. DCMS PM/RS is also very easy to install,
configure, and use! The learning curve for system administrators and
users is very short; usage
is highly intuitive and self-explanatory; extensive online help screens
and tutorials are available with a single key stroke.
- PM/RS enhances the problem management
process in a way that promotes timely resolution and increased
user/customer satisfaction in such areas as:
- Mainframe Information Systems
- Distributed Information Systems
- Client/Server Environments
- Hardware (Local and Distributed)
- Software (Local and Distributed)
- PCs (Standalone and LAN Environments)
- Telecommunication Networks
- Data Communication Networks
- Manual Systems and Procedures
- Help Desk/Customer Service Center
- PM/RS automatically opens and assigns problems for
production program, JCL, CICS transaction, network, distributed
software and hardware failures.
- Detailed information about each failure is automatically
captured and recorded.
- PM/RS automatically assigns problems to the appropriate
individual or group based on user-customized rules.
- Data entry time is minimized with the use of modifiable
tables and user-defined reusable templates.
- PM/RS builds customer confidence and enhances satisfaction
by tracking and scheduling customer return calls.
- The PM/RS automatic escalation facility ensures that
critical problems are made visible to the appropriate personnel (assignees, supervisors,
managers, directors, etc.) at the appropriate time, based on severity, impact,
problem type, and elapsed time.
- Historical data contained in the data base can easily be
searched to find problems with similar characteristics and solutions.
- Complex data searches are extremely fast due to the unique
PM/RS database structure.
- A variety of predefined reports are provided for status
reporting, trend analysis, and historical data analysis.
- A sophisticated online search facility provides the ability
to quickly retrieve groups of problems by a wide range of selection
- Managers and supervisors have instantaneous access to the
most current information for answers to questions such as: What
happened last night? What problems are assigned to my group? What's the
latest status on the ____ problem?
- Simultaneous multi-user/multi-system access is supported.
- PM/RS allows an unlimited number of users to share a common
database across multiple processors.
- PM/RS extensive audit trail facilities provide a complete
accounting for all events, from problem incident through resolution and
close. Installation, customization, and implementation is fast and easy.
- PM/RS is very easy to install and can be operational in less
than an hour.
- Most tables come pre-loaded and require few modifications.
- A completely tailored and fully usable system can be ready to go
in a single day.
- The powerful and easy-to-use data dictionary and interactive
Report Writer Facility allows PM/RS users to quickly produce custom
reports or to format data to be downloaded to a PC for further processing.
PM/RS is available for any processor that supports the z/OS operating system environment. PM/RS
utilizes ISPF/Dialog Manager (DM) and ISPF/Program Development Facility (PDF). VSAM is used as the
basis for the DCMS proprietary DBMS. PM/RS supports all versions and
releases of z/OS, ISPF and VSAM.
The PM/RS system can be shipped to your company for a no cost, no
obligation trial or downloaded directly from the DCMS web site
. Pre-loaded tables and databases are provided to allow
the system to be reviewed with minimum effort.
Products are licensed (Perpetual and Renewable) on a per processor basis. Tiered
pricing is based on Processor Software Groups. Annual maintenance for
perpetual licenses is calculated at a rate of 15% of the current license fee.
DCMS PM/RS Administrator Guide
DCMS PM/RS Technical Overview
DCMS PM/RS Training Guide
DCMS PM/RS User Guide