Data Center Management Systems
JAT provides significant reductions in the time and labor associated with
Application System Testing setup. JAT allows programmers to
quickly create new test JCL and fresh test files from their
corresponding production versions in seconds. Since this is a
System Testing tool it provides value beyond
the efforts associated with application testing. A recent JAT customer
realized $450,000 in cost reductions for a large scale application
however a more significant consideration was the estimated cost
reduction of $200,000 per year for continuous improvement testing setup.
significantly reduces project cost and delivery time by providing
complete automation in the testing setup process. This automation
eliminates the majority of the manual labor-intensive processes associated with
testing setup. These include JCL Setup, test data file creation, input parameter file
creation, and concurrent testing capabilities. JAT also improves test
accuracy by making it so easy to regenerate test files and test JCL that JAT
users are seldom tempted to risk reusing test JCL or out of date files from a
Interactively, using ISPF, define and save your test file naming
standards, your test JCL standards, your source LPAR name and your target LPAR
name. Then anytime you need fresh test JCL or test files simply tell JAT the
member name of the production JOB you are planning to test. JAT will
then examine the production JOB and create renamed copies of the all
production files needed for the test and optionally create a complete set of test
JAT can create test files on the same system or prepare the test files
for export to a second LPAR within the same or remote complex.
1. The Initial ISPF screen prompts for the following information
- Input Production JCL member, library and access method (Panvalet, Librarian, PDS)
- Input dataset qualifiers
- Output dataset qualifiers
- Source LPAR name
- Target LPAR name
2. Foreground process input data
- Saves user-supplied input values.
- Reads JCL to analyze dataset usage to determine input and I-O files.
- Check for file existence on target LPAR, provide warning action options for file use or replacement
- Updates test JOB to user specified criteria and saves to PAN, Librarian or PDS for testing
- Generates JCL to perform file creation and copy operations, user has option to save jobs to PAN or PDS or submit for execution
3. Background file creation and copy operation
- Backs-up each of the Job's input and I-O datasets
- Transmits backups to source LPAR using FTP or XCOM (Optional)
- Submits embedded ‘restore’ JOB to target LPAR (Optional)
- Restore JOB creates/replaces files using specified high-level qualifiers
JAT can provide Customer with much time and cost savings advantages for their
application development project efforts, current “as-is” system testing, and future
on-going system testing requirements on the OS/390 platform. This product will provide cost savings, which will pay for the product many
times over. The following is a list of proposed JAT product usage considerations.
- Testing automation analysts could use JAT to build the files and JCL required for Baseline and Regression testing.
- Prepare file-testing packets for outside vendors to perform unit testing on code renovation projects.
- Development staff can create independent testing environments for concurrent production application simulation testing.
- JAT product audit trail report can provide complete due diligence support for risk management.
- Current “as-is” systems development staff can use JAT to reduce their current labor on testing setup.
- Production application system assessment can use JAT to define file requirements for testing and provide capacity information
on DASD requirements for system integration testing.
- Operations and Development staff can use JAT to re-create problem resolution testing for production systems.
- JAT can provide automated support for Q/A and development environments.
XREF Provides Immediate access to JCL and Program Component Cross
Reference Information for the Entire IT Department.
- XREF allows analysts to perform error free change impact
analysis in seconds rather than hours or days.
- XREF is a self maintaining
information repository and query system that provides instantaneous
access to comprehensive cross reference information on all
of your JCL, Proc, and program components.
- The XREF Monitor
keeps the system's database current by updating the database
automatically whenever a JCL member or PROC is modified.
- XREF eliminates
the need to perform long running and often inaccurate
- The list of relationships maintained
by XREF is long and is continuously growing.
The online XREF Query Facility provides precise, accurate
and instantaneous results to such requests as:
Show me all of the Jobs/Proc's where a particular program
Show me all of the Jobs where a particular Proc is executed.
Show me all of the Jobs/Proc's where a particular dataset is used.
Show me all of the PROC's that are executed in job ABC.
Show me all of the programs that are executed in job ABC.
Show me all of the datasets that are referenced in job ABC.
Show me all of the ++INCLUDE (or –INC) statements that are referenced
in job ABC.
Show me all of the jobs that execute PROC DB2TEST.
Show me all of the jobs that execute program IEBGENER.
Show me every place that the Billing Master file is referenced.
Show me all of the jobs that reference Parmlib member XYZ.
The DCMS toll-free Customer Support Hotline (800) 998-3848 is accessible 24 hours
/ 7 days a week. On-site training and consulting are available for a nominal fee.
The JAT system can shipped to your company for a no cost, no obligation trial. Pre-loaded
tables and databases are provided to allow the system to be reviewed with minimum effort.
Products are licensed (Perpetual and Renewable) on a per processor basis. Tiered
pricing is based on Processor Software Groups. Annual maintenance for perpetual licenses is calculated
at a rate of 15% of the current license fee.
JAT is available for any processor that supports the z/OS operating system
environment. JAT utilizes ISPF/Dialog Manager (DM) and ISPF/Program Development Facility (PDF).
VSAM is used as the basis for the DCMS proprietary DBMS. JAT supports all versions and releases of
z/OS, ISPF and VSAM.
Business Application changes require system integration testing
be performed on a business process flow comprised of batch processing testing.
This testing includes the changed programs and the associated programs
impacted by the process changes. The model is based on “best case”
industry averages. Cost estimates are based on a $50.00 hourly rate.
scenario assumes Company ABC requires changes to the Accounts
Receivable system to adjust the aging algorithms. These changes impact
online CICS programs which define the customer master detail records
which define the terms for receipt and the related batch jobs
performing system accrual, G/L hand off, etc.
|Programs scheduled for modification
|Programs scheduled for testing
|Jobs scheduled for testing
|Files required for testing
|Time required to setup 30 test Jobs
|Time required to setup 300 files
|Testing Setup Function
||Est. Manual Cost
||Est. JAT Hours
||Est. JAT Cost
|JCL setup for jobs
|File setup for jobs
|Total Cost without JAT
||105 Hours * $50.00 =
|Total Cost With JAT
||1.5 Hours * $50.00 =
|Total Cost Savings
||103.5 Hours * $50.00 =
The following pricing is based on Software Group 80 processor
| Base product price (Software Group 80)
| First year maintenance.
| Total system delivery price