Data Center Management Systems
Date Control System - DCS
The Date Control System (DCS) is an automated calendaring and date
parameter setup system that slashes daily JOB setup time and greatly reduces
production reruns. DCS completely automates and eliminates the error prone manual
process of setting up job parameter date cards. DCS also provides direct access
to the same DCS production calendars by programs written for CICS, Batch,
Additionally, DCS aids programmers by providing common
access to numerous complex date calculation and conversion routines, including
those utilizing fiscal and holiday calendars, saving hours of redundant
coding and testing. The DCS package includes interfaces to both ISPF and CICS.
DCS is very easy to install, configure, and use! The learning curve for
system administrators and users is very short; usage is highly intuitive and
self-explanatory; extensive online help screens and tutorials are available with a single
- Eliminates the tedious and error prone daily process of setting up date parameter cards.
- Eliminates Operation Managers concerns about Production Control employees taking vacation or resigning.
- Provides the interfaces needed to allow programmers to access production and test calendars directly from their programs.
- Eliminates the need for most date parameters in new production systems.
- Supports multiple calendars as required.
- Simplifies VSE to MVS conversions by eliminating the requirement to reprogram the VSE get date statements.
DCS is available for any processor that supports the OS/390 and z/OS operating system environments. DCS utilizes ISPF/Dialog Manager (DM) and
ISPF/Program Development Facility (PDF). DCS supports all versions and releases of MVS, ISPF and VSAM.
The DCS system can be shipped to your company for a no cost, no obligation trial. Pre-loaded calendars are provided to allow the system to be
reviewed with minimum effort.
Products are licensed (Perpetual and Renewable) on a per processor basis. Tiered
pricing is based on Processor Software Groups. Annual maintenance for perpetual
licenses is calculated at a rate of 15% of the current license fee.
DCMS DCS Administrator guide
DCMS DCS User Guide